Try SC Collaborator
Files for Downloading
(1) Install and Configure Java Platform
(2) Establish Database Support (MySQL)
- Double click the J2SE 5.0 installation file, jdk-1_5_0_14-windows.exe. Install J2SE 5.0 to the folder C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_14\. Use the default settings for the rest of the installation.
- Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties", "Advanced", "Environment Variables". Under "System Variables", click "New". Set the parameters as follows:
Variable name: JAVA_HOME
Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_14
- Under "System Variables", select "Path" then click "Edit". Type "%JAVA_HOME%\bin;" at the beginning of the variable value. Don't forget the semi-colon at the end. Make sure that there is only ONE JDK in the path value.
(3) SC Collaborator Platform
- Double click the MySQL installation file, mysql-5.0.51a-win32.msi. Install MySQL using the default settings. At the end of installation, select the "Configure the MySQL Server now" option before clicking the "Finish" button.
- In the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard, select "Standard Configuration" then click "Next". Select "Install As Windows Service" with service name "MySQL". Select the "Include Bin Directory in Windows PATH" and "Launch the MySQL Server automatically" options before clicking "Next".
- Select both the "Modify Security Settings" and "Create An Anonymous Account" options. Type and retype the password "cife" for the root account. Click "Next". On the next page, click "Execute".
- Make sure all the four items "Prepare configuration", "Write configuration file", "Start service", and "Apply security settings" are checked. If the Connection Error window pops up, make sure TCP Port 3306 is open.
- Click "Start" and select "Run...". Type "cmd" and press Enter. In the command line platform, type "cd (the folder of the portal.sql file)". Type "mysql < portal.sql" and press Enter. Be patient while loading up the database.
- Create the folder C:\SCCollaborator
- Unzip the folder "portal" in the SC Collaborator package to C:\SCCollaborator
- Go to C:\SCCollaborator\portal\bin. Double click the file "startup.bat". The SC Collaborator system should be up.
- Open up a web browser. Type "http://127.0.0.1:8080". You should be automatically redirected to "http://127.0.0.1:8080/web/guest/home". Log into the system as System Administrator, using username "admin" and password "test".
- To shut down SC Collaborator, go to C:\SCCollaborator\portal\bin and double click the file "shutdown.bat".
Should you have any comments or suggestions, please contact Jack Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All rights reserved. Engineering Informatics Group, Stanford University.