- Distributed Engineering and Business Services: Research in this area involves the utilization of fast speed communication
network, Internet and wireless technologies for collaborative engineering
computing. Investigation also includes product and process modeling, workflow
and supply chain management.
- Engineering and Legal Information Management: Research in this area focuses on developing techniques to facilitate the
organization, management and retrieval of engineering data, information and
knowledge. Of particular interests are the management and exchange of
project, product and process data. Engineering documents that are of
interests include design codes, governmental regulations and legal
information. Research investigations range from document parsing and
translations, information retrieval, patent retrieval, data and text mining, knowledge
discovery, product and process information exchange standards, and compliance
- Sensing, Monitoring, Control and Structural Dynamics: Current research and development in this area include the
development of a wireless modular integrated sensing system for structural
health monitoring, distributed and decentralized control strategies,
statistical-based damage detection methods.
- Design Simulations: Research in this area focuses on the
modeling of human and social behaviors for design simulations. Current research involves the
development of software tools for accessibility analysis and egress
- Computational Engineering: Research in this area
involves the development of software infrastructure for engineering analyses
and simulations. Of particular interests are algorithms and software
architectures for parallel, distributed and high performance computers. Investigation also includes the
development of efficient solution methods for linear system of equations as
well as for generalized, quadratic and perturbed eigenvalue problems.
- Sustainability: Research in this area focuses on sustainable and net-zero buildings.